now browsing by tag
The need to be perfect may seem totally natural and normal; a desirable trait even. And of course, a perfectionist can produce great work, be highly creative or methodical, always strive to do things right, and very much appreciated for it. However, the is a thin dividing line between striving for excellence and a destructive need to be perfect.
Stop Smoking Cape Town Help – How Do You Know?
So how do you find out where that thin line is drawn? And why do you have to in the first place? The answer is very simple. In my experience helping ex-smokers-to-be, a positive striving for excellence helps drive you to quitting, whereas a negative need to be perfect fuels the smoking addiction.
This Stop Smoking Cape Town Program Understands The Issue
The need to be perfect may well be the biggest root cause of your smoking. This is because of, but not limited to, the following reasons.
- Nobody is perfect, so trying to be perfect would be to go against nature. And the pressure this creates is so stressful that nicotine is needed to calm this level of stress.
- The unhealthy need to be perfect usually has roots in childhood due to being chastised too much or praised too little by parents, which impacts on self-esteem. Smoking helps give the smoker confidence, as the unhealthy perfectionist keeps feeling inferior according to their expectations formed in childhood.
- The unhealthy need to be perfect may also have roots in childhood or teens due to being bullied or outcast, which impact on self-esteem in social situations. Smoking helps oil the conversation.
- Many people with an unhealthy need for perfection are in a constant battle to remain thin, which is sadly the current social ideal, although this is slowly changing. And what easier way to control the appetite than smoking?
- A person who is unhealthily perfectionist is likely to feel shame and guilt whenever they fall short of their expectations, which is often., since nobody can live up to those expectations. Smoking helps calm those anxious feelings of shame and guilt.
Stop Smoking Cape Town Help – Find Out Now
To find out if you have this unhealthy need, simply ask yourself how true this statement is: “I always must be perfect.”
If there is any truth in this statement whatsoever, then you have just found one big emotional belief that blocks your stop-smoking success. You can now release this belief with energy healing methods such as EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) that can blast through this block in your path and can set you free. And then, you will find giving up smoking an easier process.
© Suzanne Zacharia 2013. Complementary and alternative health education and empowerment is my passion. My name is Suzanne Zacharia and I am committed to empowering people to take control of their health and wellness. A virus caught along with 5 other students at university at the end of 1986, plus medical negligence, meant that I got smokers lung at a relatively young age. In desperation for help with my symptoms and quality of life, I turned to complementary therapy, and this is beyond a decade that I have outlived one doctor’s prognosis. I am now a complementary therapist, author and trainer. My big passion is to to help others stop smoking. Want to use this article? No problem, just use it in its entirety, including this section, and invite your readers to join my FREE newsletter http://www.EFT-Scripts.com where they can get a FREE EFT How-To For You guide and inspect EFT in the privacy of their own space and time. Please use your own email address if possible, and if you use Hotmail, you have to tell them that your FREE e-book is good to receive. Otherwise, Gmail is happy to accept it without any hassle.
Stop Smoking Cape Town and South Africa Contact
For Stop Smoking treatment in Cape Town CBD or by Google Hangout, Skype, or phone, call 072 700 5334 in South Africa, or contact me here.
Suzanne Zacharia, EFT Practitioner, Stop Smoking Expert since 2002