Now that Nick Ortner’s book, “The Tapping Solution,” has hit the New York Times best-selling list, Tapping has finally started going mainstream. And more and more people are getting to hear about tapping and want to learn how to do it.
Tapping literally means tapping with your fingers on special acupressure points whilst using releasing wording. Its biggest advantages, in terms of how widely it is being used, are twofold. It can be used by the user themselves without paying out ever-increasing sums to practitioners. And it can be used by practitioners of any modality, from doctors to physiotherapists to psychotherapists to Reiki healers and Personal Trainers, in order to improve their offering to their clients.
Suitability For Your EFT Tapping Course in Cape Town
I teach EFT courses in Cape Town, ranging all the way from EFT Level 1 to Mastery. And of course I feel very enthusiastic about encouraging you to do an EFT course and get your EFT certificate. On the other hand, I would recommend a few provisos, so that you can get the best value for your money – as well as your mind-body. These are summarised as follows:
1. If you have been diagnosed with schizophrenia or psychosis, an EFT course is not recommended.
2. If you have bipolar, it is best to do a few sessions first with an experienced suitable practitioner, so that you can decide whether you can handle being in a workshop environment for the course.
3. If you are a psychotherapist, psychiatrist, or counsellor, it is advisable that you learn another energy therapy first, such as Reiki or Quantum Touch, to acquaint you better with energy healing modalities. This way you can ease into your EFT tapping course with a better understanding of what is required.
4. For sufferers of social anxiety or agoraphobia, It is best to have several sessions with an experienced and skilled EFT practitioner first. Then you will be less daunted (or not daunted at all) by the workshop environment of Tapping class learning.
5. If you have a fear of travelling, such as to your course venue, and you do not have someone to drive you there, it may be a good idea to have some telephone, Google Hangout, or Skype sessions first with an experienced practitioner. This way, you can arrive at your workshop calm and ready to learn, rather than worried and fearful.
6. And for those of you with children and scarcity of babysitters, you can look for an EFT Trainer that does training online. I personally started my training online and via videos, and it was not until 5 months later that the opportunity to attend a workshop arose. In the meantime, I helped myself and those I cared for with EFT, and it was great.
So now you can decide whether to go for your EFT course training straight away or whether to take it easy and prepare some more beforehand. Enjoy your EFT course, and I hope it will give you as much peace and joy as it has given so many others world-wide.
Wishing you peace, success, and happiness,
Suzanne Zacharia, EFT Practitioner, Author, and Trainer